How to apply
Are you an international student who wants to come and study at the Lutheran University of Applied Sciences (Evangelische Hochschule Nürnberg, EVHN)? To ensure that your application is successful, you must first meet a few prerequisites.
Winter Term 2023/2024
- Semester Period: October 1, 2023 - March 14, 2024
- Application Period: May 1, 2023 - July 15, 2023 (Bachelor Management in the Social and Health Care Sector, Master Social Managent: August 31, 2023); Application Period may be extend.
Summer Term 2024
- Semester Period: March 15 , 2024 - September 2024
- Application Period:
- Master Applied Educational Sciences (M.A.): October 15, 2023 - November 15, 2023
- Master Advanced Nursing Practice (M.Sc.): December 1, 2023 - January 15, 2024
- For higher semesters: until December 15, 2023
Recognition of credentials (certificates and diplomas): The credentials from your home country must be recognised by uni-assist - the Arbeits- und Servicestelle für internationale Studienbewerbungen.
When applying for a bachelor’s degree programme, uni-assist checks, for a fee, whether your certificates or other educational qualifications are equivalent to the Bavarian Abitur (higher education entrance qualification).
In order to undertake a master’s degree programme, you must have previously completed a university programme equivalent to a German university degree.
Verification of German language proficiency: Excellent German language skills are required for the majority of degree programmes at our university.
To study a programme taught in German, you will need a certificate of very good language skills at a C1-level suitable for university study. You will need to present the certificate upon enrolment at the latest. Certificates from the exams listed in an separate pdf are accepted at the EVHN (see this page her, document ist namend "Deutsche Sprachkenntnisse für das Studium an deutschen Hochschulen | Which certificates of German proficiency are accepted?").
Information in English about certificates of German proficiency please see here.
It is possible to attend a preparatory language course at Nuremberg Tech, our partner university. The Language Center at Nuremberg Tech offers regular DSH Preparatory Courses at B2 and C1 levels. There are also three opportunities to sit the DSH examination at Nuremberg Tech (in February, July, and September). For more information on course schedules, costs, advice, and registration, please visit the Language Center webpages.
Specific degree programme requirements: All bachelor’s and master’s degree programmes have specific admission requirements (e.g. a 6-week pre-study internship for a bachelor’s degree programme), which also apply to you as an international applicant. You can find more information about these requirements on our German website here.
Five percent of study places are reserved for admitting foreign nationals and stateless people, insofar as they are considered non-German.
You will be included in the international student quota if you
- did not obtain your university entrance qualification (HZB) in the Federal Republic of Germany or at a German school abroad or in a Member State of the European Union, or
- obtained your university entrance qualification (HZB) at a German Studienkolleg (preparatory college) by completing the FSP assessment examination in a specialisation required for the degree programme, or
- are stateless.
If your credentials are partially or entirely incomplete due to refugee-related reasons, the Test for Academic Studies (TestAS) is required instead of the preliminary review documentation (Vorprüfungsdokumentation, VPD) from uni-assist.
Test for Academic Studies (TestAS) information - for partially or entirely incomplete credentials due to refugee-related reasons
- Applicants from abroad can find information about the participation conditions for the testing process in the TestAS portal at www.testas.de
- You must register by the deadline at a TestAS center to sit the TestAS academic aptitude test. The subject-specific module may be selected freely by the applicant. The EVHN verifies (recognition of academic aptitude by the respective degree programme) the test results.
- There is a fee to participate in the test. More information will be provided after you have registered for the test.
- It is strongly advised that you prepare for the test by completing the model questions.
- Upload the TestAS certificate in our online application portal by the deadline according to the instructions in the portal.
- The deadlines for required documents can be found in the upload area of the online application.
uni-assist’s preliminary review documentation (VPD) requires a formal request. Foreign applicants can find the VPD request for the EVHN in uni-assist’s application portal. Complete and submit the request online. In addition to the online request, you must submit a signed, paper copy of the request along with all of the credentials (certificates and diplomas, for example) relevant to university admission to uni-assist.
All credentials must be submitted as certified (beglaubigt), paper copies, both in the original language and a certified translation of each (into German or English). After the international credentials have been reviewed, uni-assist issues a certificate that can be evaluated by the EVHN; applicants must upload this certificate (the VPD) in our online application portal by the deadline according to the instructions in the portal. The deadlines for required documents can be found in the upload area of the online application.
Applicants must transfer payment for the processing fee directly to uni-assist.
Please note that uni-assist requires up to 6 weeks after receipt of the documents and payment to process your VPD request. Therefore, it is recommended to submit your credentials as early as possible. You can request a VPD for university entrance qualification at any time during the year.
Applications for admission, however, must be submitted online to the EVHN by the application deadline.
Important information: Proof of a residence permit is not required to receive a study place. Admission to university and your confirmation of enrolment are required to request a student visa. Further information is available at: www.freistaat.bayern/dokumente/leistung/7888647521
Applicants whose foreign credentials do not qualify them directly for university entrance in Germany can participate in the FSP assessment examination (Feststellungsprüfung) at the Coburg Studienkolleg. The FSP can be sat either as an external participant or after one or two preparatory semesters at the Studienkolleg. The FSP assessment examination also serves as proof of adequate German language proficiency for university admission.