Individuals, who did not earn their university entrance qualification at a German-language institution, must additionally provide proof that their German-language proficiency is adequate to meet the requirements of higher education. The Deutsches Sprachdiplom of the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs level II is the required proof of German proficiency in Germany.
Usually the minimum level required is C1.
- DSH – overall score DSH-2 or 3 (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang)
- TestDaF – minimally Level 4 x TDN 4 (Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache)
- DSD II – minimally Level 4 x C1 (Deutsches Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz Stufe 2)
- telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule
- GOETHE – Zertifikat C2
- ZOP (Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung of the Goethe-Instituts)
- KDS (Kleines deutsches Sprachdiplom of the Goethe-Instituts)
- GDS (Großes deutsches Sprachdiplom of the Goethe-Instituts)
- German part of the assessment examination (Feststellungsprüfung) at a German Studienkolleg
- Deutsche Sprachprüfung II of the SDI München
- Completed degree program in German Studies from a foreign university (only with special approval)
Certificates that are NOT accepted
- telc Deutsch C1
- GOETHE - Zertifikat C1
- C1 – Certificates from private language institutes/schools
It is possible to take preparatory language courses directly at the Technische Hochschule Nürnberg Georg Simon Ohm (Nuremberg Tec University of Applied Sciences).
The Language Center offers preparatory courses for the DSH with 20 contact hours per week at B1, B2, and C1 levels. It is not possible to begin a degree program and participate in a DSH course at the same time. The Technische Hochschule Nürnberg Georg Simon Ohm (Nuremberg Tec University of Applied Sciences) administers the DSH examination three times each year (February, July, September).
Further information about the course schedules, costs, advising, and registration is available on the web page of the Language Center.
It is recommended to register as early as possible.